Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Makeover: Stackable Rustic Cabinets


I love furniture makeovers. This one was done by Kuya (my sister’s hubby).
I saw this cabinet of drawers in our front porch when I went home for Christmas break and immediately fell in love with it. Don’t you think it has this vintage / country feel? How I wish it was mine.
Rustic cabinets from Japan Surplus
They got these from a Japan surplus shop near Alabang for 2,000 pesos. Not bad.
I love most the drawer pulls and the metals at the sides which I learnt was for fixing the drawers in place once they are stacked on top of the other. One can even use both drawers separately as a low console table or can be put at the foot of the bed for additional storage.
rustic cabinets hardware

rustic cabinet hardware 


My kuya painted the drawers with fresh white paint and distressed it a bit with sandpaper in true abeachcottage-fashion.
rustic cabinet white
rustic cabinet white
Easy right? I can’t wait to do my own furniture makeovers. Here’s my list of favorite furniture makeovers found online:

sofa before and after, chair before and after, pink chair, green sofa, french chair, ornate chair, french sofa, ornate sofa
sofa before and after, chair before and after, pink chair, green sofa, french chair, ornate chair, french sofa, ornate sofa
sofa before and after, chair before and after, pink chair, green sofa, french chair, ornate chair, french sofa, ornate sofa

I am so in love with these seats from switcheroom. Read her article on these here.



table with parisian letter
created at: 08/28/2011created at: 08/28/2011
pop of color piano

vanity straight out of a storybook


room candy as seen on bellemaison23.com

Inspired by these? Drop me a message of what you’re planning to do this weekend. Upholster some old chairs maybe? :)
Red heartthe pinay bargainista

No comments:

Post a Comment