Sunday, February 19, 2012

Wishful Thinking: Sad Ending

image-pola copyI never got the treasure I was talking about on the last post. So allow to me just tell you what is this treasure I am lusting over last week.






I was walking downtown last week when I saw a vintage-looking wrought iron display. It was ornate with two birds perched on each end of a vine and leaf design. Much like the picture below.

Really, really beautiful AND, as it turned out, very much expensive!!! Argh.
It was really sad but of course I wouldn’t buy something that:
a.)I decided will need a fresh turquoise paint (see, I  already have a plan for it?) and,
b.) will probably cost me more to send back to Manila (this though, I do not have a plan yet. hehe)
for a maddening price of 7,500 pesos!
Really, that price is the saddest part. So I decided (with convincing from roommate) that it’s not worth it. It is way, way, way, above the budget, and this is all about salvaging almost forgotten things to a thing of beauty at almost no cost at all.
I will just have to move on and find other treasures friendly to my wallet.
“If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be.”
And, as part of moving on and letting go, I can’t help but put here a compilation of lovely vintage bird decors I found online. Forgive me, and enjoy!
b5

Red heartthe pinay bargainista


P.S.: I have a feeling these vintage birds are going to be my perk me up-inspiration/obsession for quite a while.

If you love what you see here, you can check out more photos at my Pinterest Vintage Bird collection here.

1 comment: